Thursday, March 12, 2009

He does ALL things well.

Last week, five of the best teammates in the world and I traveled the 21+ hours on bus to Livingstone, Zambia, the location of the incredible Victoria Falls. At first sight of the falls, there was nothing I could do but just stand in awe and worship of the Creator. My heart was in AWE, and that is the perfect word to describe what I felt. There is a song by Chris Tomlin called "You Do All Things Well..." which echoed in my mind as I stood on a bridge, getting soaked by the mist from the falls. The God I love, the God I live for, the God I follow... He does ALL things well. From creating beauty and life to the way He sovereignly designs our lives...including the way He did this trip.
There is so much I could say about this trip....about the refreshment it provided, the opportunities God gave us through our time there, the people we met, and the ways that absolutely everything can and should point our hearts and attention on Christ. Instead, of a lengthy explanation of all of those things, though, I will simply leave you with a few pictures to enjoy.

My first view of the falls. He does ALL things well.


Free....Free Falling! I don't know that I've ever been so scared in my life! There is nothing like the feeling of free falling. This was called the "gorge swing" and all our teammates took the quite literal "leap of faith." Incredible.


Not quite the adrenaline rush of a free fall, but riding and feeding elephants was definitely fun!



The fellow travelers from my team, minus Trisha and Steve. We had an incredible time living in community together for a week. This is right after we had been SOAKED by the mist from the falls.

We stayed at a backpacker's lodge which was FULL of character. This was the "chill pit" where we spent our evenings meeting new friends, spending time with each other and in great conversation.

I have come back from this trip feeling so refreshed and excited about my last 6 1/2 weeks in Africa. I can't believe it is really that close to being over...and I know God still has more to do.
Thanks for your prayers, your love, and just for who you are! I am grateful for all of you.

More soon...
Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

katherine said...

I love all the photos! I'm so glad you're feeling refreshed. Time away with the Lord was just what you needed.