Wednesday, April 8, 2009

so much going on!

Sorry I haven't been consistent on the blog lately... We have come to our last three weeks here, and things have seemed busier than ever! God has been so good in providing great opportunities for our team, as well as some good times of closure in the different ministries we have been involved with. Here is a picture recap of just some of the happenings of the past two weeks.

I took a day off school to join some of my teammates at the preschool in the poorest part of our town. I come ALIVE with these kids. We did a program called "clown worship" and I had a BLAST enjoying and loving on these precious guys (as well as making a fool of myself acting like a clown!)

This is Michael and I after he got his face painted to match mine! :)

We only have one more week left of our study with the high school girls from the hostel. We've started a new form of "discussion"- we use posters so they can write the answers and the girls have responded so well. It has been a JOY to see these girls pursue a greater knowledge of God.

Our study is called "My Heart, Christ's Home" and Mackenzie made the girls journals shaped like houses...they've been a great tool to use to encourage reflection.


At school, I have been having so much fun with my grade four kids. We did paper mache, and made our own Easter eggs. I've never seen kids so excited about balloons and newspaper before!

The finished products...painted Easter eggs. Happy Easter! Easter has provided great opportunities to share the gospel in class with these kids...even with the language barrier, some are starting to get it! Praise God.


I am beginning to recognize just how much of my heart will be left with these kids. God has been good to bless me with some of the sweetest times with them even in spite of how much of a challenge it has been.

-In other news, we have two new team members. Josh and Nikki have joined our team in Rehoboth, and Nikki has been praying about taking over our girls' Bible study at the high school. We are so excited that they are here, investing in the community, and also excited that our girls' group has the potential to continue on!
-Mackenzie, Catherine, and I are headed to Rundu for Easter weekend to visit our AIM friends Trisha and Nicole and to get a glimpse of what ministry is like in northern Namibia.
-You can begin pray for our goodbyes, for closure as we finish up ministry in Rehoboth, and for the travel we have ahead of us.
-We leave Rehoboth two weeks from tomorrow (on April 23), and fly out of Namibia on April 26.

I sincerely thank you for your prayers...I continue to be amazed at the faithfulness of the Lord as He shows up in ways I never could have expected or imagined. This is our God! He has done great things... and more than I could have ever asked or imagined. To Him be the glory. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
I am praying that He opens your eyes and mine to the greatness of His work, the perfection of His plan, and His great love for us as we celebrate Easter.

Love you all,
Kristen

1 comment:

michael said...

Hey there! It has been a while since I have written anything. New computer plus wireless plus me and you have no idea what you are going to get!

I am very grateful to have "witnessed" your journey. God is always at work and you have been a blessing. Thank you for your heartfelt expressions, your doubts, fears and laughter. Lately, I have noticed the fabric of God, not by the thread, but by the yard. Sometimes I focus on the thread and I wonder if God is "doing" anything. By the yard, fabric takes on a whole new meaning.

You have been wonderful at letting us see the fabric by the yard. Thank you. God bless you and keep you. Maxwell House these last 2 weeks. Good to the last drop!