We had a great trip north to Rundu (does that sound familiar?...it was where we were originally placed in Namibia!) to visit our friends Tricia and Nicole over Easter weekend. A wonderful time of fellowship and getting a taste of the ministry they have there, working with orphans and vulnerable children. These are some of the precious kids we met and got to spend the day with.
We had to say goodbye to our girls the following Tuesday, which was really hard. They are the most lovable group of girls and have been such a joy to get to know.
Our last Tuesday together, we did Campus Crusade's Solarium cards with the girls. They loved it, and it was an amazing door for them to express things they typically are afriad to share in large group settings.
This past Tuesday, our team got together to go on "tour" with a program called Clown Worship. We began at my school (Kwakwas), and traveled to two other farm schools (a lot of driving!) to perform.
The Clown Worship program is one of the most creative ways I have ever seen to share the gospel, and the kids LOVED it. (Our team also had a blast if you can't tell!) It is also incredible because it involves NO spoken word, so the kids understand every last bit of it!
I had a great lunch with the teachers that I have worked with these past 8 months and come to love. So many goodbyes and lots of closure...but the Lord has blessed all of it.
I had to say goodbye to my kids on Wedensday, as it was my last day at school with them. It was really hard to say goodbye...I love them more than words can say. They really have captured my heart.We are now in Windhoek, the capital, spending time with our team and saying our final goodbyes before we fly out on Sunday. You can be praying for us as we process, debrief with our team leaders, and say goodbye to this country that has become our home for the last eight months. God has been SO good to bless these last weeks. His hand has been over every minute of my time here, and I see His glory brightly through it all.
Thanks for praying. I have lots more pictures of other great moments from the past two weeks which I hope to post this weekend!
Much love,
Kristen
1 comment:
We love you and are excited to see you in person again.
Post a Comment