Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Encouraged...

Yesterday was such an encouraging day at Rehoboth High School. Mackenzie and I started up our Bible Study and discipleship group with the girls at the hostel. We opened it up to anyone who was interested, and on our very first "official" meeting, we had 15 girls come. We have been praying that God would draw out the girls who are really seeking Him, and that He would work on their hearts in a mighty way. I wanted to write today to ask my amazing prayer supporters to join us in praying for the hearts of these girls and the girls who will join us in future meetings. I really believe that the Lord is going to work on their hearts in His own timing, and I am overjoyed that I get to be a part of what He is doing in their lives already. I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to know and spend time with these girls and have this amazing opportunity to share the truth and hope of the Gospel, and how it has transformed my life. We left them yesterday with a challenge to ponder over the next week... "Do I have a relationship with Jesus Christ?" AND "How does it affect my life and everything I do?" Please pray that God would prompt their hearts and draw them nearer to Himself.

Here is all 17 of us from yesterday's meeting. I'll share the names of the girls in case any of you want to lift them up in prayer by name:

Fabiola
Yvonne
Katrina
Claudine
Lavinia
Dore-Ann
Jasmine
Menesia
Grace
Luzelle
Francina
Taimi
Cardinochelle
Kearene
Ndeshi



This is Grace and I after our meeting yesterday. Every single one of these girls are so sweet and such a joy to get to know!

Thank you for joining us in prayer for this exciting opportunity. I will keep you updated and will also write more soon about how the rest of life in Rehoboth goes and what God is teaching me through it all...

Much love and gratitude,
Kristen

2 comments:

michael said...

it is wonderful to hear what you all are doing in Rehoboth. i will make sure the list is printed and the hearts prayed for. may God bless you and encourage you today

Cathi Geisler said...

this is freaking sweet. will be praying for this to continue. I love what you're doing and how self motivated you've been. i want to be more like that. thanks for keeping us up to date. I miss you so much!!