Monday, October 20, 2008

Still having fun...

Just in case you were worried, here are some pictures to show you that I am having FUN here...never a dull moment here in Namibia.

These are some girls from the Rehoboth High hostels one afternoon while we were spending time with them. They are amazingly talented at braiding hair, and they convinced Jaydon and Courtney to sit for them so they could braid theirs! (I have yet to be persuaded)


Some of the girls on our team had quite an African adventure...we rode standing up in the back of a pick-up to some farmland...I felt like I was in the Lion King. It was an absolute blast!


Never have I been so excited for ice cream in my whole life! We made a trip to Windhoek last weekend and had a mid-morning delicious treat!

This is not too uncommon to see... Cars stuck in the river. The river with no water, that is.


The road to Kwakwas is a bumpy one. This was our third flat tire in four weeks.

Miss you all, love you all, and praying that these posts find you living with joy and purpose in Christ,

Kristen

1 comment:

michael said...

I was driving across the flint hills of kansas and though not desolate, there wasn't much. and on a hill, stood a cross. it occurred to me that when there seems to be 'nothing' around, everything that matters is here. sweetie, the reason you cannot fail is, in the long run, Christ is in you! you are representing HIM! and you are there. in Namibia. and your purpose hasn't changed...just the circumstance. may God richly bless you with sweet fellowship annointed from above. in the movie 'chariots of fire' Eric Liddell was talking with his sister about going to china...his purpose he said and then he said, 'But He also made me fast. and when i run, i feel His pleasure." may you find how God made you fast...and feel His pleasure. Michael