I wanted to share some pictures of the kids at Kwakwas Primary School. God is growing in me an incredible love for these kids. There are hard and frustrating and seemingly fruitless days. But there are also days of amazing blessing, laughter, and joy. They are great kids. They also have a lot of struggles. I have been reminded this week that each of them has a story... that behind every behavior problem, learning disability, or disrespectful attitude is a child who needs LOVE...love from the only one who can never fail them...Jesus Christ. So even when I don't know how to handle some of the situations that come up, I do know that I can offer them the love that I have received from Christ.
This is me with most of the grade four class. They are absolutely wonderful kids who need so much love and support.
This is me with most of the grade four class. They are absolutely wonderful kids who need so much love and support.
This is Dios working on a collage of the things he likes... Art and pictures help communication between us in incredible ways!
The boys LOVE to play soccer, and were so excited to receive new soccer balls, sent from a church in Idaho! They kept saying, "It's a beautiful ball. A beautiful ball!"Please join me in praying for these kids...that above any other knowledge they may gain, that they would have an understanding in their hearts of their Savior's love for them.
6 comments:
You continue to inspire me with your gifts and talents. I treasure your sharing your insights and discoveries as you move on this journey. Wow. Loving you every day.
Dad
You are living the gospel. Thanks for sharing your life with the people there and having loved and lived here so much that my kids still talk of you (Jack Henry of course) and when they see you in pictures they smile. May God continue to bless and keep you. Birthday buddy
praying for you!
I am inspired by you as I go to teach my students tomorrow. You've reminded me about what I can always give my kids every day...the LOVE of Jesus. You are awesome, Kristen.....freakin' awesome. Love YOU and praying for you! Libby
You are an inspiration to your students! You radiate a light so strong that you would never leave a hole unfilled. This comes from within you. We all see it and now your beloved students will also feel it as they learn of Christ's love thru you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We miss you and continue to pray for you. Denise
Kristen I love the truth and openess that flows freely from you. You are a teacher to your students but also to those of us who read your blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Do you have a list of wants you would like sent to you and your class? If so make out a list and then tell me how to get the stuff to you. Take care dear one.
Post a Comment