Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm in Africa?!

An exclamation, and also a question... am I seriously here?

Our team has safely made it to Namibia. We are currently in the capital city, Windhoek, and will be here until the 19th for our Africa-based orientation. Then we are on to our final destination: the town of Rehoboth.
I wouldn't begin to start to sort through what I've been thinking or feeling with the level of exhaustion and jet lag I have right now, so this will be a simple quick update to say we are here.

And even better, your prayers have been felt. Really. God has been so gracious in the journey.

Please keep praying. I can't possibly express my gratitude for the way you have loved us through prayer. Thank you.

-Our orientation this week-- that God would show us what He has for us...in glimpses so that we can be excited and passionate about it.
-Adjustment to...well, EVERYTHING new.
-Rest. It helps.

Much love to you all...and I promise to update more as soon as I can.

6 comments:

katherine said...

We're praying for you. Thanks for the specific requests--sometimes my mind goes blank even when it's obvious what I should be praying for. And I agree--rest definitely helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love you!!!

tnt teaching said...

Sweet Kristen,
I have been praying for you! I got caught up on some of your travels through your bro. I will continue to pray that you will feel God's presence and continue to reflect His love and grace. Girl, you can so tell by talking with you and watching you that you walk with the Lord! You are loved by Him and many of His friends. Take care,

Shawna said...

Just wanted to let you know we were thinking about you and it was great to read your update! :)

Praising God for your safe travels and we will continue to pray for you.

Much Love,
The Ketters

Paul said...

Wow, it's so great that you can stinkin' BLOG from AFRICA! Definitely praying for you all!

michael said...

Kristen, it is so nice to hear you have made it to Namibia. We, the McNellis fam will continue to pray for you and McKenzie. May God guard your hearts and minds in Christ. Michael