Sunday, June 29, 2008

The joy of EVERY heart.

See the post below for the explanation and update of where we will be serving in Africa. I wanted to reflect a little more, but also wanted to spare you from insanely long posting, so I simply cut it into two different posts (I'm getting pretty clever, huh?) :)


Today in church, we sang a song entitled "Missions Flame." While I have heard this song before, today the truth of it was just exploding from my heart and I wanted to share with you all a few lines from it that are the complete motivation for my going:

"You should be the praise of every tongue
You should be the joy of every heart
and until the fullness of your kingdom comes
until that final revelation dawns
SEND US OUT."

So Kansas City, Tanzania, Namibia, or wherever the Lord leads me, I follow Him. And I surrender to HIS plans. He is the praise of my tongue and the TRUE joy of my heart and I believe with ALL my heart that He should be the praise of every tongue and the joy of every heart.

How you can pray:
Please pray that this motivation -for Jesus to be the joy of every heart -will remain CONSTANT in my heart and among the team.
Pray for the Lord to equip us with a supernatural love for all those we will come into contact with in Namibia.
Pray for our travel plans and arrangements -- that visas would come through on time and such.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your love and encouragement and support!

3 comments:

Amy said...

hey kristen...i have a friend that was just working with kids in Namibia this past fall with World Hope! Let me know if you want to contact her or anything! She had some beautiful pictures of her time there...Thanks for keeping us posted! Praying for you!

katherine said...

Hi Kristin, Just stopped by your blog to say hi. I think your destination in Africa sounds so, so great. What a blessing to get to love on orphans! That's true religion for sure. And what a blessing for them to get two great girls with great hearts to love on them for a little slice of their life.

Cathi Geisler said...

hey Kristen, it's Cathi from AIM. just wanted to say hey and let you know about my blog:

http://reachingafrica.blogspot.com

if you wanted to add me. I've been reading your posts and they are basically EXACTLY what I've been going through, God is so cool. All the new info is so exciting! I'll be glad when the plane tickets are bought. Anyway, ttyl. And see you soon!!