
I'm graduated!! (And cannot possibly convey my excitement!)
The last two weeks have been amazing for me- with time to unwind, spend great time with friends, pack and unpack (I moved back into my parents' house for the summer), and continue our support raising. God is continuing to remind me that I MUST depend on Him for all the details about life, ministry, and finances for Africa.
As I am reading through the book of Nehemiah, I have been reminded of the importance of prayer as an expression of my utter dependence on the Lord to pull through and accomplish all that He wills. Nehemiah prayed passionately for his people when he discovered that they were being oppressed. He had a burden and he prayed fervently for the Lord to be attentive to his pleading. (Check out Nehemiah 1 and 2 for his burden and how the Lord answers his prayer). His example has been perspective-giving as I remember that my great burden is for people to know the hope of Jesus Christ -- for them to know TRUE love that satisfies, doesn't run out, doesn't give up. And so I must be in prayer, for the Lord to show me the way as I seek to share this with others. His way. His time.
We have raised $9,522 so far. This means that one of us is fully funded for our time in Tanzania! Praise the Lord!
However, we still have to raise $8,078 to meet our goal of $17,600 for both of us to be fully funded. God is providing in ways we never expected and has blessed us incredibly through faithful and sacrificial giving of our friends and church family.
Thank you for those of you who have joined our team of supporters-- through your care, through your prayers, and through your finances. I have been so humbled by the support you have offered!
Jesus, receive ALL the glory for what you have done, are doing, and will do.
2 comments:
Kristen, good to hear from you here in the blog world. I'm glad to know that things are coming along for you and your friend with support raising. Keep in touch...
Hi! Hi! Hi! I love that we can comment on blogs now! Yes, I feel like I am living the dreams now that I am finally married to my man! It was a long wait, but totally worth it! I'd love to talk this week...AND I am SO excited to see you in August!! Love you!
Libby
Post a Comment