Monday, January 12, 2009

Loving my team...

The past couple weeks has provided many opportunities to have fun and do ministry alongside some of my amazing team mates. God has given us such a sweet team here in Rehoboth and they have been such a source of encouragement and laughter. In addition to our week together in Windhoek working at the children's home, we have gotten to work and play together now that we are all back in Rehoboth.

Heidi and Amanda built an amazing campfire and we made smores...

We spent a morning making as many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as we could manage (just around 200) and took them to the poorest part of town to give out to the kids and families.

Catherine, talking with some of the precious kids we met.


Every time we turned around, there were more children hoping to get a sandwich or an apple.


The current team of seven took an afternoon trip to the Oanob Dam (just about 10k outside of Rehoboth)... We had a blast having a braai (barbecue) and swimming!


The remaining US team :) (And in just four weeks, our other two faithful team mates will be departing, leaving just Mac and I!) Thankfully, we will have 3 new team members joining us before they leave.

Thanks to all of you incredible supporters who make amazing opportunities like our PB&J day possible.

Love,
Kristen

3 comments:

michael said...

I love reading what is going on, thank you for your faithfulness in posting and letting us peek at the ministry in Rehoboth.

It was good "chatting" with you earlier today. Have a blessed day!

Warren said...

Kristen, I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I've recommended it to a number of people interested or coming to Namibia. I look forward to seeing MollyBea and Amanda when they get back.

Cathi Geisler said...

yay this makes me happy! but really sad I'm not there. i'm so glad for whoever thought of taking the sandwiches to blok e. that is incredible. miss you girls so much!! am praying for you!